Please ensure all goods being returned are sufficiently packaged and are sent using a tracked or signed for service as we cannot accept any liability for items damaged in transit or not received.
Take advantage of our discounted postage rates - return your goods for less using our Royal Mail tracked returns service by purchasing a tracked returns label through our website for £3.99, this works out cheaper than Royal Mail 2nd class recorded delivery for all parcels sized over 35.3cm x 25cm x 2.5cm which covers the vast majority of our products and can be used on parcels with a length up to 60cm long.
Please note: Royal Mail 2nd class recorded delivery is cheaper than our post paid tracked returns label on small items fitting within the Royal Mail large letter size guide (35.3cm x 25cm x 2.5cm)
Click here to purchase a Royal Mail Tracked Returns Label.
We offer a 12 month warranty on all items, excluding Used Goods / consumables / consumable parts / batteries, bulbs etc. or any damage caused by misuse or alteration.
In the event that a problem or fault occurring whilst the goods are covered by the guarantee, the goods will be replaced, repaired or the purchase price refunded as appropriate and as agreed with the customer once the item has been checked. If we receive notification that the problem occurred within 30 days of the date purchase, additionally the buyers reasonable return shipping costs will be refunded provided that we have been informed of the problem and have also agreed the method of return. More details can be found in our Terms & Conditions page.
Clothing and Footwear returns
For hygiene reasons we cannot accept the return of footwear or clothing that has been worn except for repair or replacement under warranty, in particular footwear returns will not be accepted unless they have been thoroughly cleaned prior to return.
Return address for goods:
Countryman of Derby
Unit 15 Prime Enterprise Park
Please ensure that you complete the returns form enclosed with your order or enclose the following information:
- your name
- phone number
- item being returned
- why the item is being returned
- what you would like us to do upon receipt of your return ie. Refund / Size swap / etc.
We require this information to allow us to quickly locate the initial sale and action your request.
Providing off-the-shelf items purchased instore are returned unused, unaltered and in the same condition as supplied, we will happily offer a store credit or refund up to 30 days from the date of purchase, exemptions apply:
- Any product recorded on our gun register including Rifles, Shotguns, Air Rifles, Air Pistols, Etc. cannot be returned for a refund for any reason other than manufacturing defect. If you have had a change of mind and no longer want a gun or on reflection have decided you would have preferred another gun we will purchase it back from you or take the purchased item back in part-exchange but the amount offered will reflect the condition of the goods returned and fact that the item will have to be resold as used. Once booked out, a gun cannot be sold as new, even if it has not been shot by the purchaser and is returned within hours of purchase.
- Any product classed as explosive including but not limited to ammunition, shotgun cartridges, primers, reloading powder and blank firing cartridges cannot be returned for any reason other than manufacturing defect or recall as we are unable to resell such items once they have left our strict supply chain owing to health and safety liability implications.
- Telescopic sights, binoculars, rangefinders and image intensifying devices including night vision equipment and thermal imaging devices cannot be returned once mounted or powered up for any reason other than manufacturing defect/fault. If you have changed your mind we will buy the item back but the amount offered will reflect that the goods now have to be classed as used.
- Once worn any clothing and footwear cannot be returned unless for repair/replacement under warranty due to hygiene reasons. (Other than being tried on initially to ensure correct fit.)
- Items special ordered at a customers request cannot be returned unless for a manufacturing defect / warranty issue.
Extended Returns Instore & Online
We offer extended Christmas gift returns between November 1st and January 15th of the following year. This allows goods purchased in November and December both instore and on our website www.thecountryman.com (OTHER SELLING PLATFORMS EXCLUDED) to be returned up to 15th of January for a size swap or refund if unwanted, instore return exemptions stated above still apply.
These conditions in no way affect your statutory rights