Prior to reloading, cases need to be prepared. First the primer is removed using a press and decapping die / resizing die which requires case lube to stop cases getting stuck in the die.
Once the primer is removed and the case or case neck taken back to original dimensions several processes need to be undertaken. The primer pocket needs to be cleaned using a primer pocket cleaner so the new primer can be inserted sucessfully to sit flush with the bottom of the case, at this time the flash hole can also be cleaned ensuring a consistent flash is obtained every time.
The case length needs trimming as cases grow slightly when shot, this can be achieved with minimal expense using a calibre specific Lee case length gauge with a cutter & lock stud. Once the case has been trimmed the edges of the neck need chamfering so the bullet is not damaged when inserted. The brass can also be tumbled in a tumbler or cleaned in a sonic cleaner during this stage and the inside of the neck brushed to produce great looking and consistent ammunition.
The stock levels on our website are updated in real time so purchase in confidence that your items will be despatched promptly, the same day for orders received before 2pm Monday-Friday.
If you live locally or are passing please take advantage of our click and collect option, order goods in advance and collect them when convenient instore.
- LEE Quick Trim .204 Ruger Die£11.99
- RCBS 6mm Flash Hole Deburring Tool£19.99
- Lyman Flash Hole Uniform Tool£20.99
- Hornady Chamfer & Deburring Tool£22.99
- RCBS Accessory Handle£11.99
- RCBS Primer Turning Tray 2£6.99
- Hornady Neck Turning Mandrel - .22 Cal£9.99
- Hornady Neck Turning Mandrel - 6mm£11.99
- Hornady Neck Turning Mandrel - .30 Cal£9.99