Status: Currently Recruiting
- Retail Assistant(s) - Full time (32 - 40 hours per week) [Permanent]
We are currently looking to recruit new full time team members to help with the day to day running and expansion of the business.
A retail assistants' duties in a gun shop vary daily and include meeting, greeting and serving customers, answering phone enquiries, taking phone orders, restocking the shop from our mail order supplies and keeping it clean, booking and packing online orders, checking deliveries and booking goods onto our stock control system.
When time allows other tasks that need to be accomplished include cleaning and checking guns prior to sale, taking pictures of used guns and products, valuing guns for part-exchange, assembling rifle and air rifle outfits, maintaining and updating our website/social media pages, writing product descriptions to expand our online catalogue and to use in online advertising, ordering from suppliers and finding new product opportunities to sell in-store and online.
Saturday is one of our busiest days and as such is a day which we require a good compliment of staff so we would request applicants to be able to work the majority of Saturdays.
- A-C GCSE Maths & English or equivalent
- Live within a commutable distance of Derby
- No criminal record
- Hard working, reliable and trustworthy with the ability to prioritise jobs and work in a self motivated manner
- The ability to learn about the products we sell so that customers can be correctly and competently advised
- Be able to follow procedure as adhering to the law has to be our top priority
- Computer literate is a must as many of the basic and more complex daily tasks involve using a computer
- Good communication skills
- Available to work on the majority of Saturdays
- A good knowledge of sporting shotguns, rifles and air rifles would be ideal but an interest and preferably experience in at least one of these is required
- Previous retail experience in the shooting industry would be beneficial as would retail experience in other industries but all backgrounds are considered
Salary is variable depending on previous experience and will be regularly reviewed as experience and responsibility increase.
If you are interested in applying for a job please drop off your CV and covering letter with your shooting experience and interests or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please ask in store or call us on 01332 360357.