The Countryman Of Derby Limited treats all Personal Information as private and confidential, we do not sell your personal information or any data to any third parties and only pass on your data to the third parties in the instances listed below and only then in direct relation to a transaction to facilitate purchase/delivery, we never pass on any data to third parties in relation to advertising etc. Any information entered on our website is kept on a secure server and is fully compliant with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
When purchasing products, creating accounts or contacting us through this Website using our 'contact us' form you will be asked to provide a selection (or all) of the following fields of personal information: your name, e-mail address, phone number, billing address, delivery address, product selections and a password. Payment information is not entered, processed by or stored on our servers, these are entered directly into SagePay, PayPal or Omni Capital's secure servers. We and the third party companies we use to process payments (SagePay/PayPal/Omni Capital) and user engagement analytics (Google) may also collect information about where you are on the internet including the URL you came from, IP address, internet provider, browser type, pages viewed and time spent on each page, country where users are browsing the website from may be collected even if you do not register with us. All third party providers are GDPR compliant and will not use the data collected to contact you or pass it on to any unnamed third parties without your consent.
By submitting a query through our 'contact us' form, via email, in person or over the phone you are giving us consent to contact you directly in response to your enquiry, you will not be added to our newsletter to receive any unsolicited emails unless you expressly sign up to receive these services.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
We confirm that any personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- Contacting you in direct reply to enquiries;
- For statistical observations regarding user engagement in order to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content;
- To administer this website;
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Your data may be passed on to the following GDPR compliant third parties for the following reasons:
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Products Purchased, Price Paid and email address may be given to couriers in direct relation to orders placed on our website or over the phone in order to facilitate the delivery of goods ordered. Your details will not be passed on to third parties, sold or added to advertising databases.
- Name, Address, Date of Birth, Certificate Details, transaction date and Product purchase details and other identification details may be passed on to relevant government authorities including firearms licensing forces and the home office during audit or enquiry in order to comply with our legal obligation to notify and hold a register of all firearm, shotgun, air rifle and ammunition acquisitions and disposals transacted between Countryman Of Derby Limited and its clients.
- Product purchase dates, receipts, names and contact details may be passed on to manufacturers/wholesalers where necessary in order to facilitate any warranty claim. This information will only be used in direct relation to the claim and not for advertising purposes etc.
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Email, Product purchased, purchase price and date may be provided to both UK Customs and the recipient countries customs and excise departments when shipping items overseas for taxation purposes.
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Email, Product purchased, purchase price and date may be provided to the Department of International Trade for individual export approval regarding the export of any restricted military/dual military use items being exported overseas including magazines, finished stocks and optics over 9x magnification, etc.
- Product purchase details, receipts, name, address, identification taken, parcel tracking details and confirmation of delivery, ip address and location may be passed on to our payment processers in regard to any chargeback or unauthorised payment claims made.
- Product purchased, Name and contact details may be passed to the receiving RFD if purchasing a firearm or other licensed product that can only legally be sent to other RFD's and not directly to the purchaser but only in direct relation to a purchase. Details will not be shared unless entirely necessary in order to facilitate the sale.
Your personal data is indirectly accessible by the following third parties as they maintain and support our IT systems on our behalf:
SyncroIT - Support and upgrade our online website and EPOS system, as such they have indirect access to all personal and sales information held on the website and EPOS system during upgrades and security updates, they do not however view this data or make copies of it other than for backup reasons.
Guntrader - Support our gun and ammunition register, as such they have indirect access to all personal information, gun details, purchase dates, police notifications, etc. This data is not used or viewed, it is merely hosted, secured and backed up by them.
We securely store information in accordance with GDPR and dispose of it after it is no longer necessary to hold it however for certain transactions we have a legal obligation to hold records for no less than 20 years.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Our newsletter will only be sent to people who expressly sign up to receive it AND confirm their email address by the confirmation email sent out when subscribing to the service. You can opt out of receiving the newsletter at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the newsletter and you will be removed from our mailing list.
If you are concerned about any information The Countryman Of Derby holds on you or would like to change personal details as they are incorrect or would like it removing please email a request through our contact form (we will reply with receipt of your request within a week and action it within a month if we are legally allowed to amend the record) alternatively please send your request via post to: Countryman of Derby Limited, Unit 15 Prime Enterprise Park, Prime Parkway, Derby, DE1 3QB, United Kingdom. Please note we are unable to edit or remove any information regarding any transaction regarding the acquisition or disposal of restricted items including firearms, shotguns, air rifles and ammunition.
You can prevent the storage of cookies on your hard drive by selecting "do not accept cookies" in your browser settings. Please refer to the instructions of your browser manufacturer to see how this functions in detail. If you do not accept any cookies, however, this may limit the functionality of our site.
Countryman Of Derby Limited
Unit 15 Prime Enterprise Park
Google Analytics Cookies
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails/newsletters about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting to the email address associated with your account provided you have expressly signed up to receive our newsletter.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and instore.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Countryman Of Derby Limited
Unit 15 Prime Enterprise Park
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
How to control cookies on your desktop:
How to control cookies on your mobile device: